The Master of the waves

The Master of the waves
Come, and Serve the peace giver!
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

James 5: 13 - 16

In the New Testament of Christ's Gospel we find written in the book of James starting at verse 13: "Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. (14) Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. (15) And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. (16)Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." (NIV)

This direction from the Gospel is for all of us! I am not asking for anyone to confess their sins here but what I am offering, along with our prayer group, is a place where you can come to offer up prayers and to request prayers. I am not a theologian nor am I an "ordained" minister or pastor, BUT as a believer I have FAITH! Faith in God, faith that Jesus was God's only Son sent to earth to be born, live, die a horrible death and be raised again for our redemption. ALL of us, as believers, are sent to minister to others through prayer in the name of Jesus!

2 comments:

Warrior said...

Brother Tom. Hey this is Marty and I love the way you set up your blog. I have a prayer request for everyone who followers your blog. I need as much prayer as I can get from everyone. I have severe COPD, and congestive heart failure. I am 67 years old, and in Feburary of 2005 I had a six way bypass, both of my lungs collasped and the left lung collasped twice, I was in a coma for three weeks and I coded or died six times. The doctors told my wife I wouldn't and if I did I wouldn't know anyone or be able to do anything, however I proved them wrong. I am sitting here typing this prayer requese. I am on oxygen 24/7 and take a lot of meds. But I believe with God all things are possible and I believe Jesus can heal me an raise me up from this sickness and take me off oxygen. I want to be able to go out and help other people in their time of need. That is why I am requesting this prayer, so Jesus can receive all the praise and glory. Thank You Brother Tom!

Warrior said...

I didn't spell some of the words right in my last post to you.

I will have to address that problem in this blog post. I just want people who starts following your blog to know, how Jesus Christ with all His grace and love lifted me out of the gutter and saved my soul. I was walking in the valley of the shadow of death Brother Tom. I don't want to miss Heaven. Do you? I know you don't want to miss Heaven either. I just want to ask all blog people out there " Do you know Jesus Christ as your personal savior?".

If not will you accept Him now. All the Prayer Warrior's will pray for you, just send your prayer request here to Brother Tom's blog.

Thank You Brother Tom, for all that your doing for Jesus..Marty!