The Master of the waves

The Master of the waves
Come, and Serve the peace giver!
Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 8, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Howdy y'all; I have been VERY busy since my last posting after Thanksgiving as we ALL are! It seems that this time of year, when we should remember God and his Gift to us of His Son Jesus the most, it is the most difficult time to do so. I have been so tangled up in the management of my websites that I don't have time for the things that matter the most! My generation was told over and over to "keep your nose to the grindstone" and to give your employer "more than his moneys worth" at work. Things along those lines anyway. I am sure it is because our parents (I'm a "boomer") came out of the depression and also had a post WW ll mind set. The American dream was a very real dream, and in many ways it still is, but the work place has changed! The time when you got a job with a good company and stuck with it and were loyal to that employer at all costs because they would "take care of you" when the time came is gone!! We have become a very mobile society and many companies, because of the economic times we are in, cannot afford (or so they say) to "take care of" its employees when the time comes for them to retire. The job market is such that there are five more people behind you with degrees that can "do the same job for less money", seniority is a joke in most companies now. Unless, of course, you are a CEO of one of the BIG companies and can qualify for the five million dollar "golden handshake". I do not travel in such lofty circles though I did have a friend at one time who's father owned a pretty big company and every year at around this time he would lay off or fire as many as half of his employees to reduce the Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Year bonuses. See what I mean!! Unfortunately that same kind of mentality rules in much of the corporate world today. And now many of them want a "billion dollar bailout" for their stupidity and lack of management skills! Again I say unfortunately, too many people in this country would suffer if something is not done so we cannot tell them all to go pound sand! Well, enough of that! This is supposed to be a BLOG dedicated to the Lord and to prayer. It is most important, at this time of year, that we should be most grateful for all of the blessings that the Lord has showered down upon us! Jesus IS the reason for the season! I have been reflecting lately on the many blessings that the Lord has blessed me with. I have been blessed (finally, because I have made a few "blunders" in my romantic past) with a wife who REALLY loves me for who and what I am. I have been blessed with a good house and home, running hot and cold water, electricity, plenty of food, relatively good health, a family that has loved me and stood by me through thick and thin (though a few times there it was a bit rocky) and some really good, lasting friends. My wife and I are blessed with dependable transportation, and the money to keep them in gas and oil (though I was a bit worried when gas hit $4.00 per gallon!) and the ability to drive ourselves to where we have to go. WE as believers in God and Christ need to reach out to those who are NOT blessed with all of those "things", and not depend on the local, state and federal government to take care of all of those less fortunate than we. WE need to reach out to our family, friends and acquaintances who have needs. I pray every day for my family, my brothers and sisters their children and grandchildren, all of my nieces and nephews, my friends and their needs and family needs and even many of my acquaintances in need, I pray for them, and when I can, in what ever tangible way I can, I help out. Sometimes it is only a shoulder to lean on or to cry on. Sometimes it is a "few bucks" just to get over the rough patch. That, my dear ones, is what God and Christ wants us to do! Reach out a hand, bring a bag of groceries to a friend who just lost their job. Take them to lunch, send them a "few bucks" anonymously to put some gas in their car. Pick up the tab for a single mom or dad who has taken their children out to lunch with their last few dollars, again anonymously! Help out the person in line in front of you if they don't have enough cash and they might have to put back a few items that they really need. Yes, indeed , do pray . . . but "do" also, for faith without works is dead. Pray and pray hard, but give a friend a ride if their car broke down and they need to get to a Doctor's appointment or need to get to the market to pick up a few things. Work, and work hard for your employer, but take time to appreciate the many blessings that God has showered down upon you. God still loves you! Even the most vial of sinners is forgiven and saved if they truly repent and ask Jesus into their heart to dwell and repair all that is broken inside. Take time this season to reflect upon the wonders of God's creation. Take extra time to thank Him for all of your blessings. Take time to "pay it forward" as someone once said. Live so that when a non-believer sees you and who you are and what you are that they see Jesus in you! I try, I am imperfect, and I stumble and fall every now and then, but I try! Please, remember that Jesus IS the reason for the season. Pray without ceasing, as we are told to do in scripture. Remember to thank God for all of your blessings and also remember all of our service personnel who won't be home for the holidays and those who have come home wounded in body, mind and in spirit bless them all! Remember to stop and take time for Jesus! : MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAVE A HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!!
I pray for you all to be blessed and safely held in the palm of our creator's hand!
'

No comments: