The Master of the waves

The Master of the waves
Come, and Serve the peace giver!
Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 4, 2010

Muslims & Islam in America

I am a "Born Again" Christian and I have been doing a Bible study on the "End Times" and I have also been delving into the Muslim faith and how it is effecting life in these United States of America. The more I got into it the more concerned I became, and soon that concern escalated to alarm! I am NOT "Islamophobic", at least I do not think I am because my concern is based on the facts as they have unfolded to me over the time I have been doing my research. I think it would be a good idea to share some of what I have found out with any and all who might click on this site. This is a Christian website and I have been concentrating on Christianity and how one might become "Born Again" in the past here. Well anyway, let me say that there has been a lot of stuff in the press and on the TV news lately about Muslims, Islam and Mosques and where they should or should not be built and related subjects. We are also involved in a war with Muslims and our troops are on Muslim soil, but there has not been too much in the news or on TV about who and what Muslims are and what exactly is Islam about. Things like where did it come from, who started it, and what is some of it's history, laws and beliefs. I am by no means an "expert" on Islam, the Muslim faith or Muhammad, BUT I have been doing a lot of research as I have stated above, and I would like to share some of that with others who may have the same concerns that I have. So, to begin, I think it might be best to touch on some of the history and foundations of Islam. First of all, and this is significant, it is what is called a "Semitic" religion with some of the same roots as Judaism in that it traces it's foundation back to Abraham and for this we must go to the book of Genesis (I sincerely hope you will go to the Bible and read it for yourself) in the Old Testament and specifically chapter 11 and verses 26-31 where we find the "begots" and the begot we are interested in is that of Terah who begot Abram when he was 70 years old (who became Abraham a bit farther along). Terah was in the direct line of Shem, one of Noah's sons and where we get the "Semitic" roots. So Abraham was married to Sarai (who later became Sarah) and Terah takes Abram and his wife Sarai and grandson Lot and they left the land of Ur of the Chaldean's to go to the land of Canaan where they dwelt until Terah died at the ripe old age of two hundred and five (205) years old. The Lord spoke to Abram and said "Get out of your country to a land I will show you." Now this is where some of the animosity that the Muslim's have with the Jews because this is the land of "milk and honey" that was given to Abram forever and ever, and God promises to make of him a "great nation". Sarai was barren and could not bear Abram a son so she sets it up with one of her handmaidens, an Egyptian girl named Hagar to sort of pinch hit for her and go to bed with Abram so that he could have a son. This was kind of a standard operating procedure back then, that if a man's wife could not bear her husband a son one of her handmaidens could do it for her and the son, if there was one, would be his heir and inherit all he had in the way of animals, land etc. Well, Abram went in to her as Sarai wanted and her handmaiden, Hagar, did as she was told and slept with Abram. The result was a son who was named Ishmael. Now the problem was that the Lord had promised many things to Abram, and his son would inherit it all and would become a great nation and his offspring would be as numerous as the grains of sand on a beach, but it was to be the son of Abraham and Sarah that would be the rightful heir. Soon after (about 13 years later) Sarah did bear a son for Abraham who was named Isaac. This is where it gets very complicated. Sarah was jealous of Hagar and Ishmael and ordered Abraham to banish her from the tribe. Abraham didn't want to because he truly loved Ishmael, but he did as Sarah wanted and ordered them to leave. They wandered in the dessert for a long time and just as they were about to die from thirst and starvation God intervened again and promised that Hagar and Ishmael would be blessed and Ishmael too would become a great nation and have man y descendants. But the Lord proclaimed that there would be a great rift between the descendants of Ishmael and Isaac which continues to this day (fighting between the Jewish people and the Muslim people). I am going to stop here for now, but I will continue this tomorrow. This is a wonderful story and I urge you to go to the Bible and read all of Genesis. Also remember that if you want Jesus in your life and want the forgiveness of sins and the salvation that goes along with that all you have to do is pray . Ask Jesus to come into your heart and ask for the Holy Spirit to cleanse away all sinfulness and He will. If you believe that Jesus was the ONLY Son of the living God and ernestly pray for forgiveness, you will be saved and you name will be inscribed into the "book of life", and once your name is there it can NEVER be removed. You will have the salvation offered to all believers. God bless you all and I look forward to our time tomorrow. PEACE!

No comments: